X Yacht 412 Mk III
This product comes in a variety of configurations and options and we'll need to discuss your requirments first. Click the button above, fill out the form and we'll be in touch asap.
The time has come to sell our beloved yacht Nelly Rose. Freshly antifouled In May 2021, with new thru hulls, hull polish and saildrive service, she’s ready to take on the next adventure.
This Danish designed and built X Yacht 412 Mk III will take you safely at speed anywhere in the world. Having sailed from Holland to NZ, around the Pacific Islands and New Zealand shores, she knows her way. I've sailed her through 60 knots and the worst of Cook Strait and solo sailed the South Pacific and back to NZ on her, the boat amazes me just how well it sails compared with others.
She's not your standard production boat, she’s well built and light for her size which means she’s still sailing when others are motoring. Built around a galvanised frame, there is no creaking or hull movement. Her rod rigging and spa was replaced/serviced in 2017 while the spar was new in 2010 to prepare for a round the world adventure. The original boom is still in service.
She has regularly achieved 180 nautical mile days offshore, single handed with a record of 213 nm, I sailed her extensively offshore single handed and has been a well balanced, safe but powerful yacht. Especially powerful when the wind is light, which is most of the time, her balanced spade rudder and slippery hull ensure effortless sailing in the light.
Model: X Yacht 412 Mk III
Registration: NZ2355 NZ
Name: Nelly Rose
Home Port: Lyttelton, New Zealand
Build No: DK XYA 41165 C000
Year of Build: 2000
Call Sign: ZMW7749
Air Draft: 18.59 metres or 61 feet
Length: 13.2m (modified bow roller to take larger anchor and proder for gennaker)
Ballast: 3493kg lead ballast
- Construction: E-glass reinforced on special high stress areas with Triaxial GRP, with a sandwich laminate using compressed Divinycell 20mm core.
- Foam / Vac Bagged with teak interior in most places
- Fin keel with balanced spade rudder.
- Teak Decks, vacuum bagged and glued, no fasteners.
- Engine: Yanmar 3JH3E 39 hp with sail drive and flexofold prop approx 2400 hours, very good condition
- Covers: Dodger, Bimini, and shade covers. Most new in 2019.
- Fuel Capacity: 125 litres SS Tank plus 4 x 20 litre Jerry Cans effective motoring range 550 nm
- Water Capacity: 250 litres plus emergency rations with Water Maker. Schenker 30L Zen (brand new) and Hot Water Heater via engine heat exchanger and shore power charging
- Anchor: Delta 55lbs with 80m of chain, secondary anchor with chain and lead line,
- Tigres Cayman 88 winch with wireless and wireless remote and foot switches.
- Drogue with chain and rode
- Cat 1 liferaft (needs servicing for Cat 1)
- Cat 1 first aid kit (will need updating for Cat 1)
- Flares Cat 1
- Jon Buoy MK5 recovery module life sling & hoist
- Cat 1 grab bag
- Life ring and throw line
- Emergency tiller
- Raymarine, wind, speed, depth, log, compass
- Raymarine Axiom touch screen chartplotter with NZ and Pacific charts,
- Vesper AIS with WIFI
- Raymarine Wifi low power radar
- Wifi boat network
- Iridium go
- VHF GME and Waterproof Handheld VHF
- Fusion marine stereo with bluetooth
- Hydrovane wind pilot (also doubles as emergency steering)
- Autohelm: Raymarine linear drive
- Inverter 230V AC
- Shore Power Battery Charger 50 Amp
- Lithium Ion LifePO4 batteries 200 ah, new 2019
- Separate engine starting battery
- All LED Lights NAV and Internal
- 2 x solar panels and new charge controller.
- Large Alpha Pro 100 amp alternator mounted on engine with charge controller.
- Water cooled isotherm
- Table top mounted, with controller very efficient
- 6kw diesel heater with wireless remote
- Ducted air in all cabins and saloon
- 4kg tanks x2 alloy in dedicated locker
- Remote solenoid
- gas alarm.
Sails (All Norths)
- Main (near new performance dacron)
- Furling Genoa 137% 55.9 m
- Furling High Aspect Jib 40.9 m2
- Tri Sail and separate mast track
- Storm Jib
- Working Jib on endless furler for high wind offshore work with dedicated Halyard and forestay.
Mast & Rigging
- 3 Spreader allow mast (new in 2010)
- Masthead with 9/10th cutter stay for working jib
- Original alloy boom
- Rod Rigging, rig removed in 2018, all checked, re caped and serviced
- 1 x Harken Power winch for all halyard work and raising main
- 5 x Harken Winches non powered
We have found the boat keeps moving in the light and we have hardly used the gennaker.
- 3 double Cabins
- Saloon central seating for 6
- Toilets: 2 x Heads, 1 with Holding Tank
- Showers: 2 x showers in heads, 1 outdoor in cockpit
- 2.7m Zodiac
- 9.9HP Mercury (near new).
- Lots of spare parts, alternator etc
- Inflatable fenders
- Spare halyards
- Fluids, cleaners pumps
- Boat Hook
Insurance until the end of the year included. Owner could deliver anywhere in NZ. Secured in berth @ TeAna Marina, Lyttelton, New Zealand. GST & Duty paid NZ, and EU VAT in Europe.
Price $ 215,000 NZD
Contact Tim Bloy 021884827 for more information. Reason for sale, new boat