CO2 Controller Effective pH control in pool water
The WaterPro CO2 Feeder is designed to utilise Carbon Dioxide (CO2) in the control of pH levels in pools and spas.
- 0-25 L/Min of air flow using a manually adjustable rotameter
- Switch to set function, on, off, auto
- Pre-wired for remote start/stop from swimming pool controller
- Standard push connectors for 8mm O/D hose
- Quality SMC air solenoid valve
- IP rated housing
- Quality electrical componentory
Advantages of CO2
- No handling of corrosive acid containers,
- No corrosion of equipment and facilities from acid fumes,
- No dangerous chemical reactions with chlorine,
- Less danger of excessive low pH in water. Because carbonic acid is a weak acid, the lowest pH value that can be reached is 6.8, even under accidental runaway conditions,
- CO2 increases the alkalinity of water and is therefore not recommended for applications where high alkalinity is a problem. Total Alkalinity (TA) should be maintained between 80 and 125 ppm.
- High alkalinity increases acid demand, makes it difficult to lower the pH and may result in the formation of bicarbonate scale.
- High alkalinity may be reduced with muriatic acid HCl or dry acid.